Wednesday 19 October 2016

China Uncensored


I wanted to start this week’s blog with a video that sums up nicely the issues that I outlined last week in regards to Chinas shortage of clean fresh water. The video also moves on to comment, quite critically, on Chinas recent efforts to address the water scarcity issue.





While I think it would be wise to consider the potential biases of an American based YouTube channel who’s angle is to be particularly scathing and critical of the CPC, the video does raise some interesting points. In future posts I will be discussing the three gorges dam as well as this proposed North-South diversion project and I will try to give a more balanced assessment.

2 comments:

  1. Clean water is basic need for any population, do you think that if the government fail to address this problem it will lead to the fall of the CPC?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting idea Aadam, I think its plausible, water is essential for life and if people start dying of thirst and the government fails to address the issue then the people will have to take action. I think if anything can cause a revolution in China, lack of water and lack of food stand the best. But I don't think the CPC with all its resources will let things get quite that bad.

    ReplyDelete